Friday 18 October 2019

Moved ! Part 2


in part 1, In the conclusion, we saw how Jesus was moved and is still is compassionate in reaching out and making us whole.
we asked important questions in part 1. What moves you to do what you do? Are you even just what you do, are you a doctor, teacher, banker, teacher etc. because that's what you do every day or there is a greater force driving you?
Let’s see today now in the light of Christ what should move us now that we are Christ ambassadors in the world.

2nd Cor 5:14 So from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Messiah according to the flesh, yet now we no longer know Him this way.


1 We should be moved by pro activeness (We judge no man by outside appearance)

Have you ever been in a space where people perceived, treated, talked wrongly about you based on a wrong information about you? 
Recently I was on a mission trip with a group of young people and I was the captain for day one. A great bunch was new to me and so as I was giving directives for getting things ready for the trip, some two gentlemen concluded " He is a real tough and mean guy" (the gentlemen told me later after we had bonded.) they judged by my outward appearance and the brief interaction we had at the beginning.
Apostle Paul says that because we are moved by Gods love, we recognize no one according to the flesh

2. We should be moved by proactive listening. Be slow to act and quick to listen.

And ooh my How my spontaneous, impulsive side of me arrives unannounced in a heated conversation especially when in company of good friends. My listening skills tend to sweep itself under the carpet. Off course I am a work in progress for I am not where I used to be five years ago

James 1:19  Know this, my dear brothers and sisters: let every person be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger[f]

Any serious life coach will tell you that listening skills is one of the most important skills to have in cultivating interpersonal skills.

3.we should moved by knowing people for who they really are.
Apostle Paul highlights that there was a way I which they knew Jesus according to the flesh but no longer regard him in that light. Its amazing how you can converse with someone, be even living with someone for months even years yet have no idea what that person really is. When we pay little more attention to people, we are likely to dig in a gen and realize how precious they are, and Yes, I know some people can be quite handful. It’s a choice we have to make each da to wear different set of lenses when studying, analyzing, interacting and socializing with different kinds of people. God will always give our wisdom of dealing with different kinds of people. I think we set walls for ourselves to soon in our interaction with people, we block ostracize, segregate, judge people because of the conclusions we already have drawn about them.

Well I hope I have attempted to squeeze in some juice today, my conclusion will be simple. God is moved with compassion and love towards you, in your dealings with people extend the same. The power is within. God is not trying to place you in a pedestal of trying to please everyone. That’s an impossible task for even after the Israelites were impressed with Gods amazing miraculous signs for generations, they still rebelled against him.
Stay blessed as you are moved in his rhythm of grace today and tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the gospel the good news?

Because it is an announcement: if I had something good and keep it to myself, the good thing remains with me. The gospel is not the go...