Tuesday 19 February 2013

Mystical union part 2





What if the vine and the branch are one?

John 15:1-5 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine dresser. 2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing

Enough of door step Christianity; we have not been called to taste the wonderful things God has for us as if from a distance. We have a consequence of living in union with Christ because of the wonderful operation Christ did at the cross.
Many believers have pushed their full consequence of their union with Christ forward to a future date and have missed out on the present awareness of the fullness that is theirs in Christ Jesus.

Jesus was quick to bring these disciples up to page with what he was going to do at the cross. It began in the previous chapter when the disciples pushed the events forward, show us the father then it will suffice us, John 14:8. This is fter he narrated to them that I am the way the truth and the life.

What if Jesus is the shortcut of the many ways we have devised to reach to the father? You know what I mean when people are in undated to stand in the gap for nations, when people think that without our necessary spirit the Lord will not visit his people.
Where did believers derive this notion that we have to roll up our spiritual sleeves to pray, devote ourselves to pull down the spirit from the heavens?

What if the vine and the branch became one? And the only way we treat ourselves is in the context of ‘in Christ’. I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in me,,,,,,,,,,
You are a branch in Christ. When we see a branch we know it as a tree, when we see a leaf we see the bigger picture of the tree. Stop seeing yourself as a branch which is struggling to plunge itself inside the vine. Jesus defines you as a branch in him. You are not striving yourself into Christ neither are you inside the vine more and more. You are in Christ fitted perfectly. There is a difference with you becoming aware more and more and more how you are in Christ and the once and for all operation Christ accomplished in the cross.

The responsibly of the branch of any tree to bear fruit comes from the vine. Yu are untied with Christ. What we are learning is hat our mystical union opens our eyes to behold God’s energy working in us to bear fruit. For God is at work in us to will and to act according to his good purpose; phil2:12-13.
Jesus serves us with a washing until we are clean indeed. This therefore means that we are not orphans who live by self effort. We are united with Christ and from him we derive maximum spirituality. The branch and the vine is now one.

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing
We are in Christ, we are connected mystically to the vine ; we are drawing nutrients from the everlasting source. Whatever is of Christ is passed to us. We are invited into the fellowship of the father and of the son; this is what union means.

We are in Christ. Any teaching that leaves as orphans by telling us what to do to please God. Any teaching that does not draw from the fullness of Christ leaves us in the position of striving to connect with the vine. Christ wants you to rest and draw from him; by the rythms of unforced grace. He teaches us the smart way to live and this is by him and in him. Stay blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is the gospel the good news?

Because it is an announcement: if I had something good and keep it to myself, the good thing remains with me. The gospel is not the go...